NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF CONTEST SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT. ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN) THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A BINDING CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTs AND REMEDIES.
Entrants hereby confirm acceptance of these Official Rules and agree to be bound by them when entering this Contest.
1. General Overview of the Contest. The FreeBee Perks Video Game Online Innovation Challenge (the "Contest") is a contest to inspire innovation and ideas to help developers and gamers who think of creative ways to make game play even more fun and rewarding by giving out free mobile data to game players. These Official Rules of the Contest (the "Official Rules") describe the manner in which the Contest will be conducted. For the purposes of these Official Rules, “Winner” means any person or entity selected to receive a prize.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to US Developers and Gamers who are at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older) who qualify for a Verizon FreeBee Business Account. Void where prohibited, regulated or restricted by law, decree or regulation. Employees, officers and directors of Verizon Communications Inc. ("Sponsor") and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, and directors are not eligible to enter.
Entrants, including individual entrants or a team of entrants (any entity or individual that submits a Contest entry is referred to hereinafter as an “Entrant” or, collectively, as “Entrants”) must comply with the applicable laws, decrees, regulations and guidelines of their jurisdiction, and Sponsor will have no obligation to change or modify any of the Official Rules or take any further action as a result of such laws, decrees, regulations or guidelines of their jurisdiction, except as is otherwise provided in the Official Rules.
3. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, visit http://www.freebeeperksgaming.verizon.com/ (the "Contest Website"), follow all instructions to create an account, submit a description of your idea ("Contest Submission") via the form provided on the Contest Website, read and agree to the Official Rules, and select the "Submit Entry" option. Entrants can submit their Contest Submission from 9:00 A.M. United States Eastern Standard Time on March 2, 2017 through 11:59 P.M. United States Pacific Standard Time on June 30, 2017. All Contest Submissions must be in the English language.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of eligible or satisfactory entries are received, and Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest as a result of any applicable law, regulation, decree or guideline. If Sponsor decides to cancel or modify this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules, it will provide a notice of such cancellation or modification on the Contest Website at http://www.freebeeperksgaming.verizon.com/.
By entering, each Entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to each Contest Submission they submit: (a) Entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Contest Submission and such Contest Submission is not subject to any restriction or claim of ownership by any third party; (b) the Contest Submission is Entrant's own creation and is 100% original; (c) the Contest Submission will not infringe on any intellectual property, proprietary, moral, or other rights of any third parties; (d) any third parties appearing in the Contest Submission have given Entrant appropriate consent to be used as permitted herein and Entrant will, upon the request of Sponsor, provide verifiable evidence of all such necessary consents obtained; (e) the Entrant has all appropriate rights to use, and to grant Sponsor the right to use, any third party content or technology used to develop or contained in the Contest Submission; (f) the Contest Submission and the Entrant's participation do not violate the rights of any third party or any local, state, provincial, national or foreign law, including any right of publicity, right of privacy or any other proprietary right; (g) the Contest Submission does not contain the confidential information of any third party, and to the extent it contains your confidential information, such information immediately becomes non-confidential the moment Entrant submits the Contest Submission; and (h) the Contest Submission is submitted by Entrant on Entrant's personal behalf or on behalf of Entrant's employer, educational institution with such party’s approval and consent.
All Entrants must provide and maintain a valid email address for the duration of the Contest. Sponsor is entitled to send any correspondence associated with this Contest by email. Entrants are responsible for making sure that they can be reached by email. If an Entrant cannot be reached or fails to timely respond to an email, the Entrant may be disqualified or forfeit a possible prize. Each Entrant can submit only one (1) Contest Submission. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Receipt of Contest Submissions will be acknowledged through the submission process. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Contest Submissions, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic which are beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control. Only fully completed Contest Submission forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
4. Judging/Judging Criteria: A panel of judges, employed by and selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, ("Judges"). The eligible Contest Submissions will be evaluated and scored by the Judges, using their sole discretion, based upon the following criteria (“Criteria):
|Creativity and Originality||How original or creative is the use case?|
|Scale and Feasibility||How easy is the idea to implement and scale?|
|Value Proposition||How clear, compelling, and effective is the incentive?|
In the event of a tied score between the highest-scoring Contest Submissions, the Contest Submission with the higher score in criterion (3) above will be deemed the winning Contest Submission. In the event that such tied Contest Submissions also have tied scores in criterion (3) above, the Contest Submission with the higher score in criterion (1) above will be deemed the winning Contest Submission. In the event that such tied Contest Submissions have tied scores in both of the foregoing criteria, the Judges will break the tie based on criterion (2) above.
The twenty (20) highest-scoring Contest Submissions will be awarded Prizes as set forth in the “Prizes” section below.
This Contest is not subject to legal recourse. The decisions of the Judges and Finalist Judges will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Contest Submissions that for any reason it considers to be inappropriate, indecent, pornographic, obscene, violent, slanderous, libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, hateful, untruthful or inaccurate, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, obscenity, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate, slanderous or defamatory language, for promoting bigotry, discrimination, hatred or harm against any race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age, or for being unlawful or violating any laws, decrees, or rules and regulations in the United States or in the jurisdiction where it is created or submitted.
5. Prohibited Content.
No Contest Submissions may contain:
Nudity, lewd, or vulgar behavior;
Material that, in any manner Sponsor determines in its sole discretion, violates or infringes another's rights, including, but not limited to privacy, publicity, confidential information or intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret infringement or other proprietary right of any party;
Any material that Entrant does not own and/or has not obtained all rights necessary to use, submit and participate in this Contest, subject to these Official Rules;
Material that is hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, deemed inappropriate or obscene;
Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in the United States and/or any jurisdiction where the innovation or product is created or planned for distribution;
Any material including malware, spyware, viruses, worms, malicious code and any and all other code, instructions or components that are deceptive, malicious, harmful or designed to interfere with, breach, harm or limit the functionality or security of any product, service, network, or other system or technology of Sponsor or any other party; or
Material that disparages Sponsor or any other person or entity relating to the Contest, or any third party.
Failure of any Contest Submission to comply with the above restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall result in disqualification. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for a Contest Submission if it is lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, for causes which are beyond his reasonable control. All Contest Submissions will be deemed made by the Entrant at the time of entry. Once a Contest Submission is submitted, Entrant may not make any alterations.
6. Prizes. The following prizes will be awarded in the form of account credit applied to the Verizon FreeBee Business Account invoices as stated below. The account credit can only be used toward payment for FreeBee Perks associated with the winning Contest Submission in the form of a FreeBee Perks campaign.
Twenty (20) Prize Winners will win up to $5,000.00 in the form of an account credit which will be applied in denominations of $1,000.00 per month over five (5) consecutive months following the start date of the FreeBee Perks campaign (the “Prize Duration”) associated with the winning Contest Submission. The $1,000.00 credit will be applied to each monthly invoice over the Prize Duration. If the amount billed on the monthly invoice is less than $1,000.00, the shortfall will be forfeited and will not be refunded, transferred or combined. If the amount billed on the monthly invoice is greater than $1,000.00 for any month over the Prize Duration, the Winner will be charged and will pay for the FreeBee Perks in accordance with the terms of the FreeBee Perks Customer Agreement.
The estimated total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of all Prize Awards is $100,000.00 (US Dollars). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution or cash redemptions.
AWARDS OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO SPONSOR ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY SPONSOR TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, LOCAL OR OTHER TAX REPORTING LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES AND IN WINNERS’ RESPECTIVE JURISDICTION. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES SPONSOR IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. In order to receive a prize, potential Winners must submit tax documentation requested by Sponsor or otherwise required by applicable law, to Sponsor or a representative for Sponsor or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law. The potential winners are responsible for ensuring they comply with all applicable tax laws and regulations and filing requirements, and other requirements relating to the awarding and receipt of a prize or cash in a contest or promotion. If a potential Winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and Sponsor may award the prize to the Entrant with the next highest score.
8. Account Requirements, Credits and Overages. Winners will be required to accept the terms of the FreeBee Perks Customer Agreement and establish and maintain a Verizon FreeBee Business account in order to be awarded the prize. Any unused credit in the Verizon FreeBee Business account shall be forfeited and will not be refunded, transferred or combined under any circumstances. In the event that the redemptions under a campaign exceed the credit provided as a prize, Winner shall be responsible for any and all fees associated with the FreeBee Perks campaign in accordance with the terms of the FreeBee Perks Customer Agreement.
Except as required in this section, Entrant is under no on-going obligation to do business with Sponsor. Participating in this Contest only creates an obligation on Entrant's part and Sponsor's part to enter into an agreement for FreeBee Perks for the winning Contest Submission and neither party is obliged to any further business relationship or required to enter into any other commercial agreement or arrangement.
9. Notification of Winners. Winners will be notified by email or telephone on or about July 21, 2017 and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility (or similar document) and/or Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days of prize notification. Additionally, Winners may be required to obtain releases or appropriate licenses from any and all third parties appearing in, or in relation to third party content used in or in connection with, any and all materials associated with their Contest Submission. If any Winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any Winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance by the Winner with these Official Rules or any other law, rule or regulation of the Winner’s jurisdiction, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Entrant with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation of any nature shall be given.
10. Intellectual Property Rights. As between Entrant and Sponsor, Entrant shall retain ownership in and to the Contest Submission, including all intellectual property rights related thereto. By entering this Contest, Entrant hereby grants Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, and agents, an irrevocable, worldwide, sub-licensable, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license under Entrant’s Contest Submission and all intellectual property rights related thereto to use, copy, publish, modify, distribute, create derivative works of, execute, and publicly display Entrant's Contest Submission (including all ideas, expressions, and other materials) in whole or in part, without prior review, payment, compensation, or additional consent by Entrant, as part of the Contest, including but not limited to the administration of the Contest, for the evaluation of the Contest Submission, and in advertising and publicity related to the Contest. In granting this license, Entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor is under no obligation to exercise any of its rights, licenses and privileges herein granted. Entrants hereby agree to do such other things and execute such other documents as may be reasonably requested in order to allow the Sponsor to make such use of, and exercise such rights over, their Contest Submission.
By making a Contest Submission, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor and its designees (i) are continually and independently of the Contest and Entrant’s Contest Submission working on creating, developing, improving upon and expanding Sponsor's product and service offerings, including supporting technology, networks, software, and systems, and may already be developing or may develop in the future products, services, technology, networks, software, and systems that are similar or identical to the Contest Submission, and (ii) may receive Contest Submissions from other Entrants that may be similar or identical to the Contest Submission Entrants submit. By entering this Contest, Entrant hereby releases Sponsor for use of Entrant’s intellectual property rights related to the Contest Submission, and hereby agrees not to sue Sponsor, its employees, directors, affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, agents, successors and assigns for any actual or alleged infringement or misappropriation by any Sponsor product, service, technology, network, software, or system of Entrant’s intellectual property rights related to the Contest Submission. Furthermore, Entrant hereby waives any and all claims Entrant may have had, may currently have, and/or may have in the future related to Sponsor's review, acceptance, and/or use of the Contest Submission, and agrees that Sponsor is under no obligation to review, use, or in any way process Entrant’s Contest Submission, regardless of the status indicated on the Contest Website.
Entrant agrees that nothing in these Official Rules grants Entrant a right or license to use any name, trademarks or service marks owned by Sponsor or any of its affiliates, including “Verizon” and “Verizon Wireless.” Entrant grants to Sponsor the right to include Entrant's company name (if Contest Submission is from a company) as an Entrant on the Contest Website and in materials related to Sponsor's promotion of the Contest. Other than these uses, Entrant does not grant Sponsor any rights to Entrant's trademarks.
Entrant is free to discuss Entrant's Contest Submission and the ideas or technologies it contains with other parties, and Entrant is free to contract with any third parties as long as Entrant has not yet signed an agreement with Sponsor regarding Entrant's Contest Submission. For the purpose of clarity, Entrant acknowledges that the intent of the Contest is to encourage people to suggest their ideas and innovations to Sponsor.
11. Contest Conditions. Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible in the event Contest Submissions are not used (whether in whole or in part) for any reason. Any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that participation in this Contest and Sponsor’s activities in and relating to this Contest are not and do not create any confidential, fiduciary, employment, agency or other special relationship between Entrant and Sponsor. For the avoidance of doubt, Entrant further affirmatively consents to Sponsor’s right, in its sole discretion, to use, without compensation, Entrant’s name, likeness, biography and other information about Entrant in connection with any use of the Contest Submission Entrant submits. Participation in the Contest and acceptance of a prize constitutes each Winner's permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state/province/territory), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Contest Submission and/or any statements made by each Winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, Entrant agrees unless prohibited by mandatory law to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
12. Additional Terms. By entering the Contest, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges and Finalist Judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 2 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for any of the following, provided that it is beyond their reasonable control, namely technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, typographical or other errors in printing, offering, or description of any prize or in any other materials produced in connection with the Contest, failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. If for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other cause beyond Sponsor's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest. In addition, if for any reason that is beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, in it its sole discretion, Sponsor determines that the Contest should not or cannot run as planned, Sponsor may cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest. If Sponsor decides to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in accordance with these Official Rules, it will provide a notice of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension on http://www.freebeeperksgaming.verizon.com/. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest or any provision of these Official Rules, or shall have the right to have that determination not affect the remainder of these Official Rules, which shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if they did not contain the invalid or illegal provision. All decisions of Sponsor related to the Contest are final and binding.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. No Obligation. Entrant acknowledges that multiple participants may submit Contest Submissions that contain concepts or technologies similar to his or her Contest Submission and that Sponsor, its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors may already be pursuing technologies that are related or similar to those that Entrant disclose in its Contest Submission. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor's action with respect to another Contest Submission, even if similar to Entrant’s Contest Submission, shall not create in Sponsor any liability to Entrant or others. Further, Sponsor is not and shall not be restricted in any way from pursuing, developing, or commercializing, in any way that Sponsor sees fit, independent of Entrant and at Sponsor's sole discretion, any technology or innovation that is created independent of Entrant’s Contest Submission. For the avoidance of doubt, Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor is not obligated to take any action whatsoever with regard to Entrant’s Contest Submission.
14. Warranties. By entering the Contest, each Entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to its participation in the Contest and any and all Contest Submissions: (a) Entrant is the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the Contest Submission; (b) Entrant has all rights, powers and authority to submit the Contest Submission, including the legal power and authority to bind Entrant to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules; (c) the Contest Submission is not subject to any claim of ownership by any current or former employer, any educational institution or any other third party (including, without limitation any group company or affiliated company); (d) the Contest Submission is Entrant's own creation and is 100% original; (e) the Contest Submission does not infringe on any intellectual property, proprietary, moral, or other rights of any third parties; (f) any third parties appearing in the Contest Submission have given Entrant appropriate consent to be used as permitted herein; (g) Entrant has all appropriate rights, powers and authority to grant Sponsor all licenses to the Contest Submission, including any and all third party content or technology used to develop, or contained in, the Contest Submission; (h) the Contest Submission does not violate the rights of any third party or any local, state, provincial, national or foreign law, including any right of publicity, right of privacy or any other proprietary right; (i) the Contest Submission does not contain the confidential information of any third party, and to the extent it contains Entrant’s confidential information, such confidential information immediately becomes non-confidential the moment Entrant submits the Contest Submission.
16. List of Winners. For the names of the winners, please visit http://www.freebeeperksgaming.verizon.com/ shortly after the winners have been selected on or about July 21, 2017.
17. Sponsor. Verizon Communications Inc., One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920. Email: FreeBee@vzw.com.